Almost everyone wants to weigh less, but the process for achieving long term weight loss is daunting.
Basic cardio can get boring, making it hard to stick to your routine. If you want to fit into your bathing suit, is it really necessary to chain yourself to a treadmill for hours on end?
In a word, no. There’s an easier way to lose weight, one that relaxes and centers you while strengthening your muscles in the process.
If you’re ready to explore an enjoyable alternative to sweaty workouts, keep reading to do proper Yoga Workout for Weight Loss.
Results In Less Than A Year –MindBodyGreen
What this person had to say after doing yoga with the intention of shedding fat.
While everyone is different, I am living proof that yoga is extremely effective when it comes to lasting weight loss.
When I first rolled out the mat seven years ago, I was 85 pounds overweight. I was unhealthy, unhappy, and fueled by a passion for binge-drinking and pizza.
When I first announced my mission to lose weight through yoga, I remember people laughing at me. “Yoga doesn’t help with weight loss! You have to bust your butt in the gym to get real results,” people told me.
Less than one year after practicing yoga six to seven days per week, I lost a total of 85 pounds.
*** keep reading for my personal yoga experience***
As you can see it is possible to lose weight with yoga.
But how do you go about developing a routine specific to you?
Well in anything that you seek to be successful at, there is 1 common step to keep in mind as you go through your process of losing weight with yoga in just one month.
It’s to understand compound interest.
Financialmentors’s vision of compounding
When interest is added to the principal of a deposit or loan, so that, from that moment on, the interest that has been added also earns interest
In short wiki is stating that your activities will build on each other.The more you do your yoga the easier it gets and as it gets easy the more you’d be able to endure.
The more you can endure the better your routine and results. Everything builds on each other.
Ever read Slight Edge by Jeff Olson? The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness
The book educates us on processing information easily that enables us to make the SIMPLE daily choices that will lead us to success using the compounding interest theory.
I used it a lot to keep my brain in a clear space. I specifically liked the story of the dying father who gave his 2 sons options to build a successful life. He gave 1 the option to invest a penny daily and the other he gave him a foundation that was already built.
The son that had a foundation already built for himself lost it all trying to do too much. The son that invested a penny a day stuck to that simple routine ( of compound interest) and overtime it grew. He eventually became successful and learned a valuable lesson from his father: daily activities towards your goals builds on itself till you succeed.
I won’t go any further into the book. So check out the book on amazon if you want to see the reviews of others as well.
The book has been around for a while so you will find interesting pros and cons of the book for yourself.
Remember the purpose of the book is to keep you on track to losing the weight you want to lose using yoga; by taking action daily no matter how small or big.
The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness
The Basics of Weight Loss
When you break it down, the science behind weight loss is simple. You just need to burn more calories every day than you eat. Every pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories, meaning a deficit of that amount is needed for every pound you want to lose.
But how do you burn these unwanted calories?
Yahoo health gives a whopping 11 Calorie Burning Tips, of which I will only give you my Top 3 below but you can view the rest here
1)Boost Your Gut Bacteria With “Bad” Bacteria
Fff’S pinterest masterpeice
- Often called “good” or “helpful” bacteria, probiotics help keep your gut/digestive system healthy.
- Eating prebiotic foods like dark chocolate, miso soup, sauerkraute, pickles and a lot more found here may help reduce weight gain. Tasty foods while losing weight; definitely not a bad tradeoff.
- From an article published in Science on September, 2013 researchers took fecal samples from twin sets of mice where one twin was normal and the other was obese to judge the effects of metabolism development.
- Giving the fecal sample of the obese mouse to a “sterile” mouse. Within a week or 2 the “sterile” mouse began showing symptoms of obesity.
- We are not comparable to a mouse but the findings ( feeding the sterile mouse bad gut bacteria from the obese mouse causing weight gain ) sparks enough interest to me to bring about an hypothesis that, if the sterile mouse partakes of the fecal matter from the slim mouse then weight loss can be around the corner and also this study may be a link to burning calories faster in humans.
2)Get Your Caffeine From Green Tea
Arunas’s green tea koku sushi style
- Dr. Raj stated that “a compound (epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG) in green tea, can help stimulate your metabolism and help with weight loss,”
- The caffeine green tea holds can have the same effect.
- The optimal time for the caffeine in the tea to work would be to drink at least eight hours before bedtime .
3)Build Your Leg Muscles
Travis K leg extension
- With a pound of fat burning 15 calories per day, a pound of muscle will burn 85 calories per day.
- Seeing as how your largest muscles are in your legs, developing lean leg muscles will get you closer to your target goal.
- You don’t have to even get huge to see benefits.
- Any activity that gets you moving or promotes a faster metabolism has the potential to lead to weight loss, but the benefits of yoga truly set it apart as a smart weight loss strategy.
Not just a method of exercise, yoga is also an ancient way of living that’s focused on aligning your mind, body and soul.
The term ‘yoga’ is Sanskrit for the union between your individual consciousness and universal consciousness, and practicing yoga is concerned with aligning these two systems together.
Yoga is a way to connect deeply within yourself, and it’s also a smart strategy for losing weight in a month. Practicing and perfecting your kind of yoga routines can do wonders.
What kind of yoga types can promote weight loss?
Astanga, Hatha or Vinyasa.
Did you know working out for Just an hour using any of the 3 will cause a 150-pound person to burn off 476 calories. It’s also even possible to get close to shaving off 700 calories with intensive Bikram routines.
When you practice any of these types regularly and use the right form, yoga will increase your capacity for breathing and strengthen and add flexibility to your muscles, all while increasing your metabolic and heart rate.
Even better, online resources mean that yoga is now as easy to practice at home as it is in the studio.
I have been using a routine I learned online for the past couple of years and it has worked wonders for me.
My Home Yoga Experience
Having an S curve of my spine bought excruciating pain for my back.
I have found that the quietness of my home helps me to focus while doing the routines. This was crucial because I needed to find a way to ease the heaviness I felt from my back issue.
But most of all, this focus helped ( and still helps) me perfect my form and strengthens my core leading to my abs, obliques and serratus getting toned up.
Courtesy of artclasses
Doing so was important because I then didn’t need to do a lot of working out for my core and still got the added bonus of what the routine was doing for me.
Yoga Workout for Weight Loss Through Healthy Energy Flow
Want to feel your best this spring & summer?
Increase weight loss through Zoe’s yoga routine.
I will be writing an in depth review of the product once we have someone test it out.
Zoe’s routine aims to develop and keep an healthy energy flow throughout the body whether you are a beginner, advanced, or even pregnant by providing an comprehensive online yoga course directed toward women only.
What’s in the course
- 9 workout videos, all of which are approximately forty-five minutes long.
- Perfect for prenatal women to advanced yoga enthusiasts.
- The videos are in 3 phases, entitled Foundational Flow, Transitional Flow, and Mastery Flow.
Foundational Flow: how to perform/perfect various standalone basic yoga poses.
Transitional Flow: designed to make participants feel happier and relaxed even after they finish the course
Mastery Flow: combines all of the yoga poses and sequences taught in the first two phases into one. This routine promotes burning fat and calories quickly and efficiently while also toning and eliminating cellulite.
I know I did not give you much information but it wouldn’t hurt to check the product out from the makers and Zoe herself.
Get into Zoe’s step by step follow along routines bit.ly/Yogaburnnow
Feeling like this routine wont be different than the rest?
Check out some reasons from seattleyoganews to why practicing yoga ( including this routine ) everyday for a couple minutes will not only increase weight loss but also conquer other activities.
From an annual study conducted by NHIS http://nccih.nih.gov/
- on dietary supplements vs yoga 34,525 adults aged 18 and older were much more likely than users of other approaches to report specific wellness-related outcomes, such as feeling better emotionally through yoga.
- Nearly two-thirds of yoga users who practiced yoga were motivated to exercise more regularly, and 4 in 10 reported they were motivated to eat healthier.
- More than 80 percent of yoga users reported reduced stress as a result of practicing yoga.
- Although dietary supplement users were twice as likely to report wellness rather than treatment as a reason for taking supplements, fewer than 1 in 4 reported reduced stress, better sleep, or feeling better emotionally as a result of using dietary supplements.
So are you ready to take part in this easy routine?Check it out! : ) bit.ly/Yogaburnnow
Yoga Workout for Weight Loss
Now If you’re ready to start relying on yoga for losing weight, especially within a month.
First step is to find the yoga class that makes sense for you. There are dozens of yoga styles to explore, and each style offers different advantages for your weight loss strategy.
Some people enjoy the feeling of the cleansing sweat they shed during hot yoga, while others get the biggest benefit from powerful moves that push them to the limit. Try out different styles until you find the one your body responds to, and you’ll be far more likely to keep up the habit until you reach your weight loss goals.
If you aren’t ready to commit to a class, these powerful moves below will get you in shape fast and cause you to lose weight within a month.
Downward Dog Pose
Downward Facing Dog will be a pose you find yourself in very frequently.
Some yoga poses either strengthen your building capacity or for the flexibility they encourage in the body; while Downward Facing Dog improves both.
While your head is between your arms pointing down towards the floor, fresh oxygenated blood is brought into the head. Causing energy refreshment. Now imagine if you did this routine daily, stimulation of various organ systems of your body will be a result of said practice.
How to Do It
This weight bearing pose requires that you position the weight of your upper body on your hands by bending over with your hands and feet flat on the ground. Not only will it burn calories, it’s also a great way to tone your biceps.
Clhinkerfly’s Plank pose
Looking for something a bit more challenging? Plank pose might be your yoga exercise.
- Strengthens the wrists and hands.
- Build stronger triceps. Strengthens and lengthens the neck muscles.
- Works the spinal muscles.
- Tones the buttocks.
How To Do It
By putting your body in prime push-up position, you’ll support your core and tone your arms at the same time.
yogaoutlet.com’s boat pose
Tones and strengthens your abdominal muscles. Perfect for abdominal strengthen.
- Improves balance and digestion.
- Stretches your hamstrings.
- Strengthens your spine and hip flexors.
- Stimulates the kidneys, thyroid and prostate glands and intestines.
- Aids in stress relief.
- Improves confidence
How To Do It
You’ll feel this pose in your core if you do it right. Simply sit down and raise your legs and arms into a “v” shape, balancing for as long as you can to blast way belly fat.
It’s not difficult to learn a working process of Yoga Workout for Weight Loss. So long as you start a routine and stick with it every day, you’ll be amazed how easy it becomes to meet your weight loss goals.
Do you have any yoga weight loss secrets you’re dying to share with the world?